Rudy McClinon, Jr.
"Mr. Rudy" has been involved in fitness since the age of 10, when he received the President's Physical Fitness Achievement Award. This was followed by a lifetime of sports and physical training. Rudy received an academic scholarship from Xavier University (OH) majoring in pre-med, but ultimately changed his majoring to Physical Education, Health and Science. There, he would also receive a full football scholarship as a walk-on.
At age 21, Rudy was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals and would later play for the Calgary Stampeders. In 2000, he experienced the most life challenging events of his life, including having both hips replaced within a five (5) month period. In 2003, he turned to God and along with his business partner Elissa Diaz, started "R-U-A-Pro Fitness L.L.C. which specialized in helping and working with people with special limitations.
He now wants to share his mind, body and spiritual journey with you. His DVD fitness workout series Life After Hip Replacement and Let's Get Moving is now available online. Besides being a much sought after public speaker and lecturer, Mr. Rudy also teaches an Award winning Fall Prevention Program, Pilates, Aerobics and is the president of Sankofa Wholistic Health Care. He also has collaborated with Dr Roberta McClinon (his sister) a Naturopathic Consultant of Healthy Souls LLC for the wholistic component of R-U-A Pro Fitness.
R-U-A PRO FITNESS LLC is a personal and group training company whose mission is to encourage everyone to improve the quality of their life though proper alignment of their Mind, Body and Spirit by movement and modifying ones eating habits.
Accreditations and Certifications:
- B.S. Degree Physical Education Health and Science
from Xavier University
- Ex-Professional NFL & CFL Athlete.
- ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer, Master Personal and Group Trainer
- Member of The Denver Post Colorado Fit Team – Professional Fitness Bloggers
- Member of IDEA Health Association
- Fitness and Wellness Insurance
- Red Cross CPR Certified
- Certified Exercise Instructor by the Arthritis Foundation
- Physical Education Instructor/Mentor
- Fitness Professional for The Rocky Mountain News Fitness Challenge
- Certified Suicide Prevention Counselor
- Lecturer/ Model/Actor
Featured in (not all media listed):
- Fox 31 News
- CBS 4 News
- The Denver Post
- The Rocky Mountain News
- The Word Channel
- Urban Spectrum
- Denver Mile High United Way
- Denver Weekly News
- Xavier University Alumni 2007 Spring Magazine
- 700 WLW Cincinnati
- WMOJ 100.3 The New MOJO
- 950 The Fan
- And more
Many of us are still trying to find out what our "purpose" in life is. We are lost because we are not in touch with our true spiritual existence. With the help of God, and a course taken on Spiritual Gifts,I Rudy McClinon Jr.,have found and know my purpose. I know now,that I was put on this earth to exhort, teach, and lead by example.
I was born on September 21,1952, in Philadelphia PA., to the proud parents of Rudolph and Beulah Mae McClinon. At the age of 3 my family moved to Daytona Beach Fla. While in Florida, at the age of ten I was fortunate enough to receive the President Physical Fitness Achievement Award. When I was thirteen,my family again moved.This time, we moved to Cincinnati, Ohio where I began to play baseball and after my second year,I was named MVP. In high school I lettered in football, baseball, basketball and track.
Upon graduating in the top 10% of my class, I was awarded an academic scholarship to attend Xavier University in Ohio. I began my studies by majoring in Pre-Med. However,I changed to Physical Education, Health and Science. As a walk-on athlete in football and basketball,I received a full scholarship from the university's football program. I was also given the opportunity to play basketball during my Freshman and Junior Years. During my senior year, I was selected to play in the North -South Shrine Bowl Game held at the Orange Bowl and the East-West Shrine Bowl Game at Ohio State. I made the Dean's during my last semester.
Prior to graduating from Xavier, the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League selected me,in the 12Th round of the 1974 draft. After a season with the Bengals, I spent the next three years Canadian Football League with the Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Calgary Stampeders. I ended my football career as a free agent with the New England Patriots in 1978.
During the off-season, I elevated my effort to explore my purpose in life.One of my high school teachers, Mrs. DeLyons advised me to try my hand at teaching in the city schools. I became a permanent substitute.That position turned into a full-time position for me. I taught Physical Education and coached a track team and a basketball team to city championships. I also worked as a recreation center director and coached a championship gymnastic team in 1979.
In 1980, I chose to make a career change and become an insurance agent for Allstate and relocate to Denver, CO. During a successful 20-year career with Allstate, I received numerous sales awards locally and nationally.Two recognition awards that I received were the Honor Ring and the National Champion award.
In 2000, I experienced the most life challenging events in my life. I lost my career as an insurance agent, got a divorce, and had both hips replaced within a five month period. I wanted to give up on life but turned to God instead,asking for forgiveness.In 2003 my business partner,Elissa Diaz and I started a business called R-U-A Pro Fitness L.L.C.
I want to share my mind,body and spiritual journey with everyone. I abide by my philosophy: If you are physically and mentally capable to move, then you should be able to remain physically fit within your limitations for the duration of your life. Let's not get caught up on the things we cannot do and focus on the things we can do. This should be a LIFESTYLE!!!!
My love for family is paramount. I have two sons Marland and Rudy III, two daughters Miracle and Leyna D., three granddaughters Marissa, Moria and Jordyn, and two grandsons Elijah and Landon Jackoby.
- CEO of R-U-A- PRO FITNESS L.L.C.
- Healthways WholeHealth Networks Inc. Practitioner – Personal Trainer /Exercise Specialist
- President of Sankofa Wholistic Health Care
- 2015 Community Educator of The Year Award – The Education Center
- 2014 Recipient of The Bernard F. Gipson Sr. Health Leadership Award –The Center for African American Health
- 2014 Recipient of The Unsung Hero Award – 32nd Annual Councilman Hiawatha Davis Senior Luncheon
- 2013 Mile High Top100 Yoga and Wellness Instructors Award
- 2013 Outstanding Humanitarian Award – Mile High Dancing
- 2013 Member of The Denver Post Colorado Fit Team – Professional Fitness Bloggers
- 2012 Merit Award – Mr. Charles Let’s Get Dancing L.L.C.
- 2011 African American Who Makes A Difference Award Recipient – The Denver Urban Spectrum
- 2011 Keynote Speaker for 34th Annual Rocky Mountain Senior Games
- NFL Alumni Association
- CFL Alumni Association
- Colorado Black Health Collaborative Member
- Colorado Flyers Track Club
- Lions Club International Member
- Member of AARP
- Member of Arthritis Foundation
- Certified Fitness Trainer with The International Sports Science Association
- Certified Fitness Instructor by The Arthritis Foundation
- CPR Certified by The American Red Cross
- Member of IDEA Fitness and Health Association
- Current Participant in the Rocky Mountain Senior Games
- New Covenant Christian Church (NCCC) Member
- Member of Blacks in Government - Mile High Chapter
- 100 Men Who Cook - Chef Since 1983
- Healthy Souls L.L.C.
- Source Healing
- Mr. Charles Let’s Get Dancing L. L.C.
Group Exercise Instructor for:
- American Cancer Society / Lowry Relay for Life / Aurora Relay for Life
- Advantage Security Inc.
- Zion Senior Center
- The Hope Center
- Vi at Highlands Ranch – Wellness Center
- The Carillon at Boulder Creek
- Schlessman Family YMCA
- Day of Caring for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Sable Ridge Senior Residences
- Allen Gardens Senior Residences
- Parkinson’s Association of the Rockies
- Alzheimer’s Association of Colorado
- American Lung Association
- Inner City Health Center
- Source Healing and Self Help Center
- Sankofa Wholistic Health Care - Health Sampler
- Juneteenth –Denver Colorado
- Center for African American Health – Destination Health Walk/Run
- Hiawatha Davis Senior Luncheon
- Celebrating Women’s Health Program
- Rotary Club of Aurora, Colorado
- Volunteers of America/ Running the Green
- Lowry Redevelopment Authority L.L.C.
- Visionquest Promotions Inc.
- Blacks in Government –Mile High Chapter
- Larimer Place Condominiums
- AMLI at Gateway
- Denver Urban Spectrum
- Montebello Community Recreation Center
- Hiawatha Davis Recreation Center
- Divine Dedication L.L.C.
- Lowry Park
- AMLI @ Lowry Estates
- ERACE Homelessness Fundraiser / Silver Sponsor
- Forest Street Compassionate Care Center
- Senior Support Services
- St .Elizabeth School
- Restoration Christian Fellowship
- New Covenant Christian Church
- Shorter Community AME Church
- Epworth United Methodist Church
- Colorado Christian Fellowship
- Zion Baptist Church
- Friendship Baptist Church
- Rising Star Baptist Church
- North East Denver Church of Christ
- Scots United Methodist Church
- The Center for African American Health: Strength & Balance Project
A leader is best when people hardly know he or she exists.